2014 Bar

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-08-17

PM

Any word on when the 2014 bars will be available?

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2013-01-15

PM

Although we are not calling any of the equipment “2014” or “2015”, yes we have the new bars shipping now and they will be displayed online in the next couple of weeks.

The only change to bars is that the Freestyle bar (above the bar depower) has been updated.  The largest difference is that the straps are gone and replaced with a simple clam cleat.  We have also added a stopper and increased the throw slightly.

People who are used to above the bar, or find below the bar systems difficult to depower, will like this setup.

Image Attachments

freestyle-bar-002.jpg

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

I have the original OR pull-pull freestyle bar. Would it be possible to buy an upgrade kit with the new clam cleat system? It looks like it should be compatable.

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2013-01-15

PM

Hi Kirk,

There are no plans to release a conversion kit.  The style of Freestyle bar you that you have is sought after though, so you should be able to find a buyer for it.

Personally, I would fly what you have until it you’re due for a new kite [insert sales pitch for 17m Flite] and pick up the new kite with the new bar.  Having a bar will help with resale of an old kite or is great to have around for a spare.

Joined 2013-08-17

PM

Thanks for the info.

Can you list the throw length of the new generation bar, the fusion and the older generation freestyle.

I have 2 fusions now and am considering getting the new generation bar.

Total Posts: 125

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Throw lengths as follows:
- Fusion​ - 68 cm​
- Freestyle (old) ​ - 45 cm​
- Freestyle (new)​ -  52 cm​

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

Are the Fusion or Freeride bars available? The Freestyle limits the amount of depower quite a bit. We were just discussing this today after a gusty Gorge session. One of the great things about the Razors are how much you can depower the kite and it still flys well. Quite a big thing here in the Gorge. I also miss the 2012 bar shape and ability to have two width choices in one bar. Any hope of getting it back in the lineup?

Joined 2013-08-17

PM

I have both 2013 and 2012 bars and tend to like the feel of the 2012 a little better.

Total Posts: 125

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Pete - 24 April 2014 10:24 PM

Are the Fusion or Freeride bars available?

Yes, both these models of bars are currently available.

Pete - 24 April 2014 10:24 PM

I also miss the 2012 bar shape and ability to have two width choices in one bar. Any hope of getting it back in the lineup?

That bar won’t be making a return any time soon I’m afraid. As for width adjustment options, we found about 90% of people never actually used them. As for what the future holds… we will see! Always try to keep our finger on the collective pulse of what people want, and this is something we have noted to consider in future designs again.

Ned - OR