A bit of nostalga

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Been while but I’m back glad to say. Health issues along with everything else that life throws at you has pretty much kept me off the water for a while but I managed to get out for a short session. What made it nicer was trying a new (to me) kite. I’d always fancied a pop at one having read the reviews and managed to find one at a reasonable price on the un named auction. That is a 10m Cypher of 2012 yesteryear.

Conditions weren’t great trying to kite in a cross shore environment which proved to be lumpy and pretty gusty. I’ll also admit the session wasn’t that long but it was great to be out on the water again. Quite happy with the kite too. Less responsive on the bar than the Razor or how the Rise used to be but power delivery was smooth which I like. I need more time on it for sure before I can really see how much use I’ll put it through over the Razor but first impressions were positive for sure.

Ahh the good old days.

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Aha the old git is back.  Good to have you on the water

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

sunrise - 26 April 2014 10:53 AM

Aha the old git is back.  Good to have you on the water

indeed. I see you’ve taken up a form of armchair kiting now. Pension still going strong?

Signature

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Yep Wife still working.  29m kites for light wind days.  Plenty of float .

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

sunrise - 27 April 2014 10:28 AM

Plenty of float .

Less said about that the better.

Floating van suspension, floating kites…..... I rest my case

Signature