Razor Information needed

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-06-14

PM

I am a newbie on this forum. I purchased a second hand 2013 model 8m Razor about two months ago. I must say that I am so impressed with its performance. I have been a North Rebel fan (mostly 5m, 7m, 8m and 10m) for a long time but am so pleased to find a kite that feels alive.

I love the way the 8m flies.

My questions are:

Can anyone comment if the other sizes have similar properties. Fast response, good bottom end and generally fun to fly. Curious about the 10m.

Is there enough of a difference in wind range to warrant owning the 7m? or would the 5m Storm be the next step. I notice that there used to be a 5m Razor but no longer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

I’ve been riding the 8/10/12m Razors for awhile, and the 10m is my favorite. The 10m is the perfect match of turning speed, low end power, and fun to boost. I have the 2013 10m, and I’m 185 lbs. and generally ride it from 15 to 20 knots. I can ride it in more or less wind, but that’s the sweet spot. I’m close to matching the 8/10m with a 14.5m Flite because I ride the 10m in anything beyond 15 knots.

8m is my smallest kite, what’s your weight and what’s your typical wind range?

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-06-14

PM

ajones - 04 August 2014 04:44 PM

I’ve been riding the 8/10/12m Razors for awhile, and the 10m is my favorite. The 10m is the perfect match of turning speed, low end power, and fun to boost.
8m is my smallest kite, what’s your weight and what’s your typical wind range?

I am about the same weight as you. We often get the 18-23 with some days more and more days less. I ride TT and directionals.

On a directional, the 8m gets going quite well in 15-20 knots. I love its speed and responsiveness. I have a 10m North Rebel that has great bottom end etc but I would not bother trying to ride any sort of waves with it.

The 7m Rebel works well and the 8m is good too but the 8m Razor is more fun and I feel it does it all better. So I was considering trying the 10m Razor but was concerned that it would change too much in character from its smaller brother. Good to hear that it is your favourite size. I have not tried it but could not imagine it would nicer than the 8m :)

My problem is that I really like smaller responsive kites. The 5m Rebel is an amazing little kite but I was thinking the 5m Storm would also be interesting to try after how well the 8m has been designed to fly.

Thanks for the info.