advice please

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Been trying to find a bargain board to compliment my 12m ONE and stumbled across a 2005 Litewave Freestyle 135 x 41.

Just wondering if anyone’s got any experience or knows how they’d suit the kite. I know of Litewaves reputation for tough boards etc.

Truth is, I still haven’t got the kite 100% nailed. Firstly I don’t get out enough and I suspect my current board (2004 Caution Redline) is a bit slow. Really smooth and excellent in the chop but hard work to get up to speed.

thanks in advance

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

I have not ridden one but there are a couple of guy’s down here who use lightwaves with the OR One They get on just fine as long as they are powered.

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

OR’s kites are fast. I was using a Caution missing link with my 1st OR kite, and had some issues too. Then I picked up one of the mako’s and bam! Suddenly I am doing everything I want to do because the mako matches speed with the kite very well.
The litewave is a great board, might be faster than the caution but it might not work as well as equipment that was designed to work together.

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Caution makes good boards, but most of the models have a lot of rocker so they are a little slower and you need to be really lit up for them to work well. The Caution crew are lucky enough to have consistently powerful surf and a ton of sideshore wind, so that’s generally where the boards work the best.  I’m not familiar enough to know which models have less or more rocker, but that may be your problem.  I haven’t ridden the Litewave, but generally speaking, I think they are designed for more average conditions.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

thanks guys

while looking for more info on the Litewave I found a pretty amazing deal on a Skywalker - I’ve decided to give that a go instead - should be quicker. Got to get me a go on a Mako though

Signature

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

I have the Mako and Mako pro lifes a bitch I don’t know which to ride.
Why is it that when ever anyone borrows my boards they can all pull moves I can only dream about.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

You havent let me borrow one yet Rich hehe!

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Richard has kindly offered me a demo a little while ago.

I’m yet to take up the offer ‘cause I know if I try one - I’ll want one then I’ll be in big big trouble…........................... :shock:  :?  :cry: 

LOL  LOL  LOL

Signature

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

Yeah, i’m holding out for trouble coming in the Spring - i know that Mako pro is going to be wanting space in my board quiver…!!  Its just how do i convince the wife!