MEXICO! Riders Wanted! Questions Wanted!

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Well, it is official. In connection with Captain Kirks and   Cali Kites   Evan Stolze and I are off to Mexico Feburary 5th - 9th for 5 demo days of the new 2007 equipment.

If you wish to join us please contact   Captain Kirks   or   Cali Kites directly for more information on accomodation and etc. We would love to get as many of you down there as possible! We will have with us all of the new 2007 equipment and will be making it fully available for demo use!

Can’t make it? Don’t worry! This will be an annual event and we hope to more heavily involve the Crew next year. If you can’t come down though, you can still participate!

We want you to post questions and requests below. During the day we will be video taping parts of the demos and will attempt to get footage of issues and questions you have. For example, you might ask us to do a small video of the new Single Inflation Point or the 2007 One turning, etc.

So, post your questions here and we will update this thread daily with our observations, pictures and video!

Also, expect us to be coming up the East Coast and down the West Coast some time late in March or early in April, if you want us to run a demo on your local beach just let us know!

John Z and Evan S

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

Would Really like to see someone like Jeremie Tronet on the One 9/12 - pushing its limits and throwing down some SERIOUS kiting and unhooked moves - !

...please :wink:

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2007-01-25

PM

Mexico? February..Where?

Hi Again John
I’m going to be in Mexico and would love to be able to participate with my new ONE.
Can you be more specific on where exactly in Mexico this will take place as I will be there from Feb7 to 23.
I’m stoked about it…and hoping you folks will be in the same area.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-01-29

PM

mex

Hey, john
Im ive been la ventana since the end of dec and will be here till march. Would love to hook up with you guys. Are you staying at captin kirks or down by baja joes?? Im sailing like one point down from captin kirks daily. R u guys bring stuff to sell as well? I have a few people interested..
Cheers Jeffery (the yukon kid)

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Re: Mexico? February..Where?

[quote author=“Mykel Nirvana”]Hi Again John
I’m going to be in Mexico and would love to be able to participate with my new ONE.
Can you be more specific on where exactly in Mexico this will take place as I will be there from Feb7 to 23.
I’m stoked about it…and hoping you folks will be in the same area.

Mykel,

We will be in La Ventana, staying at http://www.captainkirks.com/. If you go to his website and click on the Ventana link, you will find location details. This will be our base - we intend to ride there, along with down at the main campground, and also go to Los Barriles to meet with Adam and crew from http://www.catchsomeair.us/ for a day, likely on the 8th or 9th. I am driving south from San Diego with Brian from http://www.calikites.com/ and we will be hitting some spots along the way.

Your best best is to keep an eye on the forum for updates, or you can email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Hopefully you can make it out and ride with us!

Cheers, Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Re: mex

[quote author=“joecult”]Hey, john
Im ive been la ventana since the end of dec and will be here till march. Would love to hook up with you guys. Are you staying at captin kirks or down by baja joes?? Im sailing like one point down from captin kirks daily. R u guys bring stuff to sell as well? I have a few people interested..
Cheers Jeffery (the yukon kid)

We’re staying at Kirks (see my response to Mykel for details). Regarding gear for sale, it’s your lucky day! We are bringing a whack of 07 gear for demo purposes, which will be available for purchase through the shops we are putting on the event with.

Cheers, Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“mk”]Would Really like to see someone like Jeremie Tronet on the One 9/12 - pushing its limits and throwing down some SERIOUS kiting and unhooked moves - !

...please :wink:

Jeremie has just been sent a quiver of 07 One kites….video and photos coming soon!

John Z

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Mykel and Jeff!

I look forward to meeting you both!

Please do come on down and participate, we will have a good assortment of 2007 equipment for you to try!

Welcome to the Crew!

John

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2007-01-25

PM

Hey John
Well, I will be in Tulum and Cozumel so I guess I’ll have to check you out when you get back as I really want to get out to Vic soon.

Have a great time, I know I will with my new OR gear.
I must admit it will be nice to leave the Pyro pro hanging up at home for a change.
-30 to +30 in 5 hours ....ahh I can hardly wait. Life is Great!

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Mykel, I completely agree…warm water and air temp is a blessing! We are down here in La Ventana and let me tell you things are rolling smooooth!

1st day on the water here in La Ventana and I tell you, people are STOKED! Evan and Brian from CaliKites arrived here yesterday and so had a chance to get out then too and apparently the last 2 days have been the best of the whole season. (As spoken by the “locals”, by which I mean the regular snow birds that drive south)

We had 2 7m Ones, an 8m Diablo, 3 9m Ones, a 12m One, 3 x Mako 134, 2 x Mako 150 and a Zen 135 all out, ALL DAY. Stoked. People were trecking down the beach to get on the new gear. I think we completely converted Roger (part owner of where we are staying) to Ocean Rodeo gear after he spent close to 2.5 hours on a Mako 134 and a 12m One. He came in dancing the jig…litterally saying “that was the best session of my season, I totally didn’t even know I could do tricks like that!” Sold. Welcome to the Crew!

The new ‘07 equipment is turning heads. For sure. Tomorrow we are off to the “Camp Ground” - For those who have never been here it is a massive area of trailers, campers and tents…kind of like a slum town but with thousands of dollars in kite gear! Anyway, demo day tomorrow in the Camp Ground. We rolled though there today to let people know we were here and got a really good vibe.

Pictures and more to post tomorrow!

John Z - OR Crew.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Check out the Blog for some photos from yesterday and a link to some more!

Blown out today, after 5 days of wind our bodies need a break anyway!

John Z - hasta luego!

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Thanks John…Next winter for me.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…