RISE???

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Anyone care to shed any light on the new Rise?

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

was wondering that as well….... looks like a supersweet hybride kite

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

What are you guys talking about?
Did you find some new OR kite in a shipping container on the beach?

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Hmm,

Well, Im not sure if I have just leaked an OR secret or not, looks like a 5 strut hybrid though. It looks to have a bit more curvature and the new stopper system that the OR guys have just invented.

Sorry if I have ruined any surprises Mr Z. Please tell us more!

Ben Vine

Signature

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

LOL Would be a dream come trough if i found a lost container of these kites. Damn those RISE kites look super, super, super, SICK!!! 8)

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Still waiting for a response on Diablos. I think I will be the only person in the UK to have the Diablo when I finally get one. Has anyone UK based tried the diablo yet?

Ben

Signature

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

I tried this devil in the Netherlands…....... will report on it soon

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

PS about the rise…....

SICK!!

I Guess Benjamin and I are the real OR freaks for finding out about this kite now already ....... LOL

I think mr. Z is in mexico. He will be back next week. Kevin…...? Might be able to tell us more now that our guru JZ is not available.

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

In Mex with JZ, and it looks like the cat is already out of the bag.  The Rise is a hybrid somewhere in between the One and the Diablo. It does not offer the massive range of the One, but it flys like a C with the added benefits of SLE depower and safety.  The Rise is not a replacement for the One - they are completely different animals, and we are stoked to add it to the mix in early April.  Stupid easy to fly, incredibly fast turning and direct response.  Feedback on the beach has been phenomenal!

I’m sure you have already noticed the new stopper in the photo. Incredibly easy to adjust on the fly, allowing the rider the option of full sheeting or riding hard against the stopper. This will be standard on all of our SLE bars as of April, in conjunction with the release of the Rise. It will also be available at low cost for easy retro on existing 06 and 07 bars within a month.

Please contact your retailer to preorder the Rise, but don’t be surprised if they have no idea what you are talking about! We intend to do a press release on this kite next week.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Well thats all very exciting!!!

Please send a couple of demo sizes over to us uk guys so we can spread the word dude!

I hope the prices will still be highly competative too.

Ben

Nice to see that you guys are constantly developing market leading gear.

Signature

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

NO please no

More temptation

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Guys, just a quick note. I just did a very detailed posting over on Kite Forum.

For those of you looking for more information cruise there for now to check it out. I will post something similar here tonight when I have a bit more time.

Be aware that the 2007 SLE Bar re-fit kit will be made available very soon. We intend to have it up for sale on the site and through your dealers within the month, of course we will keep the cost to a minimum too…we don’t want to appear to gouge the consumers who most enthusiastically bought the early versions of the 2007 kites or who already had the 2006 line up!

Thank-you to you all for the enthusiasm and stoke you are bringing to this company. It is contagious and is catching on all over the place…the feed back from down here in Ventana is that we are the most exciting brand out there right now. This is entirely due to the stoke you bring to our brand and Crew.

John Z

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Looking forward to trying the RISE.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

One other quick note, with regards to Ben’s recent posting about prices.

We have not finalized the prices yet but we expect the Rise will cost either the same or slightly less than the One.

Pre-Order now through your local dealers, the first 12m’s ship April 1-15th with the other sizes coming May 1-15th.

Press release this week!

John Z

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Hey John are you guys testing the new 16m one and the 16m Rise, can you give us an update on both of there performances, being a big guy I need to know, I’m leaning towards the rise if this generates grunt.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Jason,

I will indeed. Right now we only have the 12m Rise’s available for testing (tested in fact) which is why they will be available 1st. We are supposed to have sent to us just before Chinese New Year the 8, 10, 14 and 16m sizes of Rise samples which will lead to us approving them for production and delivery in May.

I will put up blog entries of all the testing and will post our results BUT what I can tell you is this: The Rise has a lower aspect ratio and projected area. This combines to produce a kite that has more “grunt” and immediate power whereas the One generates a ton of power but requires you to build apparent wind speed first.

John

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2007-02-20

PM

Interested in the Rise

Would you say the rise is a flat kite (sle) similar to the Waroo, Sonic, Hypertype, etc. or is it closer to a bridled ‘C’ like the Thruster or similar?

I sold off my kites late fall and am looking to purchase another 2 kite quiver in the next month or two.  At my size (195lbs) I’m thinking a 10m/14m quiver would be perfect.  You’re saying May for those sizes?  Not sure I can wait until May.

Could the 10m and 14m use the same bar size?

Thanks
Tony

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

2006 16m One or 16m Rise

Well you all got me freaked out, I bought 2006 OR ONE 16m late fall and have not used it yet, been reading kiteforum, forum here and everyone is saying it’s slow, I need a solid answer, I sold my 18m Bronco, I could get going in 12mph down wind 15mph I’m good to go on the 18m, will I get similar pull with the One, I’ve got a Mako surf and Spleene Door 158, hopefully replaced by Mako XL.  I’m going to Cape Hatteras in April I guess I’ll try the kite then but might be able to sell it there and order a 16m Rise.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Jason,

The 2006 16m One is a great kite. Really well built, solid kite. It will generate a TON of power for you too. It is a slower turning kite but by the 18m Bronco’s standards is a race horse.

Call our offices 888-544-4969, ext 233 and we will mail to you a bridle modification kit to dial that baby up a notch too…this modification does make a solid difference in the turning speed of the kite.

JZ

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Thanks John the bridal Mod is already attached, all I was looking for is if it had similare pull to the Bronco, if it does and a little more great, I’m never out at the lower lower limit of the wind anyhow because of my size, when I go out there’s enough wind for the kite to stay in the air.  I appreciate the responce and looking forward to using the kite, I’ll try to take out on the snow everytime I’ve gone out not enough wind or to much for the 16m.

Jason

Signature

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“000044105”]I appreciate the responce and looking forward to using the kite, I’ll try to take out on the snow everytime I’ve gone out not enough wind or to much for the 16m.

Jason

You will love the kite. I am sure.

[quote author=“tonyg”]Would you say the rise is a flat kite (sle) similar to the Waroo, Sonic, Hypertype, etc. or is it closer to a bridled ‘C’ like the Thruster or similar?

I sold off my kites late fall and am looking to purchase another 2 kite quiver in the next month or two.  At my size (195lbs) I’m thinking a 10m/14m quiver would be perfect.  You’re saying May for those sizes?  Not sure I can wait until May.

Could the 10m and 14m use the same bar size?

Thanks
Tony

Tony,

The One is the flattest kite on the market, 75% projected area. Kites like the Waroo, etc are all much more C shaped than the One. As such, I suppose, the Rise will handle more like them. That being said the Rise is incredibly fast turning and responsive kite and is built to our incredibly high standards.

The 10 and 14m Rise could both use the same bar, I would go with a 50cm or possibly a 60cm bar with the 10m set to the slower turning option as it would just be too fast with a big bar.

John Z

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Martin likes the 12M ‘RISE’.                        http//www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/sailinglog_rec.php?mode=view&p=3530

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Sweet.
This feedback is reading like it has the same amazing range and re-launch capability as the One.
Some girls, ooops, I mean kites, are so worth waiting for…..hmmmmm.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

ahhh, high school romance.