06 Punch-up to 07 SLE Bar

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2006-10-26

PM

Hey guys…

Anyone know when the conversion is supposed to be out?  And what’s the difference besides the EZ Stopper (and how does it work).  Been having a blast up here in AK ripping it up on the snow. 

Also one for John,

Where can I get a black stopper ball?  On my 50 cm bar that I got last summer, it never came with one attached at the end of the trim line (below the cleat) as apposed to the new 60 cm bar I just got, makes it handy to trim in and out on the fly.

Thanks Guys,

Jason
Anchorage, AK

Signature

Jason
Anchorage, AK

2006 16m & 12m One (w/bridal mod)
2006 Legend Board
Pyro Pro

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

We are just waiting on China to produce for us new center line trim lines to ship with the new stopper balls. We expect those to be here by the end of this month with the next shipment of kites that will arrive at the same time (including the new Rise kites!)

The kit will include these universal trim lines and the new stopper ball. The trim line will need to be cut back by about a foot in length for people with early model 2007 SLE bars while not needing any changes for those with the 2006 Punch Up bar. Further, the new trim lines will all ship with that black stopper ball you’re asking about Jason!

JZ

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Just installed the new stopper on my 06 ‘ONE’ bar. Simple installation.(use the supplied tape to taper the end & use pliers as suggested in the instructions !!!)It’s a nice clean set up. A very logical evolution.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2006-04-18

PM

I was sent a stopper ball last month, but not the new trim line leash system. 

In any case, I didn’t really like it.  Missed the punch up safety so much that I switched back after a couple of sessions.  Unfortunately I removed that line plug that works with punch up - doesn’t seem to have made a difference though.

The stopper ball doesn’t make much safety sense to me…it’s nice to be able to ride against the stopper but since the ONE requires a rather active sheeting process for steering you can’t set the ball too low.  Maybe it will make more sense for the rise?

For now I am remaining loyal to the punch up….anyone else feel the same?

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

I actually love the new stopper. You can push trough it if needed. The thing I really like is that you can acually oldschool with an SLE kite. Deadmans are possible again!

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2006-09-11

PM

After the upgrade to my 2006 bar, I cannot push through anymore. I can move the stopper by hand easily, but the bar will not slide all the way up the center lines. That is what CAM is saying, and I observed the same thing.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-05-24

PM

I agree with wouter on this.Dean

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

You can push through the stopper, you just need to really push. We had to make it difficult so that hands free riding and the rear line tension that results would not move the stopper.

Do some push ups your girly men!

JZ