one 7m2 2007 ??

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2007-03-14

PM

hi !

i would like to know if someone can give me feedback on the new 7m2 one ????

real wind range ??
stability ?  ect ..??

thanks guyping :wink:

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

I will try and help though I am too heavy to use one.
A lass on my local beach has a 12m 06 One and a 7m 07 One She just loves her 07 and reconds its the best kit she’s got. At 60 somthing kg( One does not ask) she is on the 7 from the low 20mph throug to 30mph
When she boosts boy or girl does she fly.
I hate her!! and if I wasn’t so fat I would want a 7

Joined 2007-03-14

PM

thanks sunrise !!

i am 150 pounds !!  But i want to use that 7 m2 from 30 mph and up !!
i am looking for a stable and reliable kite for strong winds….i hate sitting on the beach when it is blowing like crazy

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-01-07

PM

hey guyping,

i recon with your weight you’ll be fine on the 7, personally i would not go below 7m cause when boosting huge you have to compensate the lack of hangtime by moving the kite alot -> really fast landings… raspberry plus, the smaller the kite the twitchier it feels.

as to the real windrange, that depends on so many factors its hard to generalize it (board, skill level, size of balls etc) but I found out you can add another 8-15 knots ontop of the windrange given.

and yea, definatley nothin worse than sitting on the beach when its nukin…  rolleyes

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

[quote author=“guyping”]thanks sunrise !!

i am 150 pounds !!  But i want to use that 7 m2 from 30 mph and up !!
i am looking for a stable and reliable kite for strong winds….i hate sitting on the beach when it is blowing like crazy

I am 145lbs and have logged plenty of hours on the 7m One, many times in gusty conditions into the mid - 30’s combined with big surf. The kite is as rock solid, predictable, and stable as the larger Ones. In fact, the 7m is my favourite size, and I used to hate flying small kites because they were so sketchy!

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-05-24

PM

I weigh 135lb.I ridden the 2006 7m for 30 or more days.It is my favorite kite with amazing low end due to the speed it flys and turns and also has a solid predictable feel in winds over 30knots.I’ve never found the top end yet.Super kite!!

Joined 2007-03-14

PM

thanks a lot for every replies…you helped decide which kite, i will get for 30kts+ condition !!!
i was hesitating between switchblade 2 (7m2)/eclipse chameleon(7m2)/caution answer (7m2) , naish boxer sle (6m2) and the ONE !!!

thanks again ...i appreciate

Guyping

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Guyping - I am sure that you will not be dissapointed in your choice. The 7m One is a super fun kite, and, as you can see, we have a solid Crew of riders here who activly work to support each other and improve their time on our gear.

Welcome to the Crew Guyping!

John

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2007-03-26

PM

Hello,

Still about this One 7m2 -kite.

Does it work in relatively light wind, if Kite surfer is light?
-or is it only for high winds?
I’m thinking that if the kite is tunned to turn well in +30miles/h (=+13m/s), it may be slow turning in lighter wind? Or do you have settings to that?
Other thing relaunch, again how it works in lighter wind?

Cheers

Klaus

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

You need to be more specific about your weight & ‘light wind’...150 pounds in 15 knots would require ‘sin’ing of kite (~) to get going. Read Evan’s post (above). Small one kites are fast that is a great feature of bridled kites as you de-power the speed remains.        http://www.oceanrodeo.com/one_specs.php#sizechart

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

[quote author=“riwes”]Hello,

Still about this One 7m2 -kite.

Does it work in relatively light wind, if Kite surfer is light?
-or is it only for high winds?
I’m thinking that if the kite is tunned to turn well in +30miles/h (=+13m/s), it may be slow turning in lighter wind? Or do you have settings to that?
Other thing relaunch, again how it works in lighter wind?

Cheers

Klaus

The 7m is fast and responsive no matter how light the wind is and it is probably the easiest One kite to relaunch on account of its size and light weight.  It’s hard to say how much wind you will need to ride it because this depends on your weight, skill and board selection. I can ride it in about 20 mph and up.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

[quote author=“EvanStolze”]

The 7m is fast and responsive no matter how light the wind is and it is probably the easiest One kite to relaunch on account of its size and light weight. 

In my experience i’d say this about the 07 9m too.  :D

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2007-03-26

PM

Thanks for answers.

Actually the idea behind this guestion was that modern kites has been designed so that they really works in high wind -not just scaling from from general kite. But the same fenomeon affects to the fact that every small kites is not working well in a light wind. One7m was one of them, it was tuned to high wind even with light kitesurfer. it was not suggested to light wind in any case, not under 25 miles /hour.

I think the question is about tuning, is it?

cheers Klaus