modification Diablo-Bar 2007

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2006-02-27

PM

Hey,
I’ve had a problems to fit the chickenloop after riding unhook.
Now I use a stopper-ball (diameter 29mm) direct at the chickenloop. The Depower line is a 4mm Dyneema-Line two-ply witch ist knotted at the Ring from the adjuster.
The effect: If i pull the bar to get unhook the stopper-ball will drawn in the recess of the bar. So the chickenloop is fixed on that postion, when i get unhook. (i hope my english is comprehensible, couse it’s not so good)
For better understanding lok at the Fotos:
Bye for now, Mirko

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Looks nice. Does the 5th still work smooth?

And 4mm centerline? We use 7mm from SS otherwise it will hold for only 3-4 weeks as did the original ones.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2006-02-27

PM

[quote author=“wouter”]Looks nice. Does the 5th still work smooth?

And 4mm centerline? We use 7mm from SS otherwise it will hold for only 3-4 weeks as did the original ones.

Yes, it works very smooth.

I use a 4mm centerline in two-ply, couse you need a bigger stopper-ball if you knot the centerline on the dyneema-loop from the chickenloop (the knot has to fit at the hole from the stopper-ball). I used a dyneema-line witch has a very high abrasion resistance. The line is used by Hobby-Cat as a trapeze-line.
It works great and i’ve no problems with abrasion.
Otherwise I’m sure you can draft the 4mm line in a small tube to get a higher abrasion resistance.
Bye Mirko

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

This is great to see, a solid example of why this forum is so useful. I’ll pass this link onto Ross as well - Thanks Mirko!

JZ