The most durable Mako?

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2007-08-18

PM

Hi all,

Just curious to know which modell (year) of the mako surf that is the most/least durable.

Had a harsch landing today and my board snapped underneath my right foot. Have the blue and black board, think it might be an -05 or am I all lost now? Will look for used first, thats why I’d like to know which one’s the strongest.

Just love riding my mako so I need to get something sorted fairly quick.

best regards
//Joel

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Holy crap!
I can hardly believe you broke one of these boards!
How did it happen?
Is there any way you can post a pic of the carnage?
There must have been some intense forces invloved because both the mako surf and the mako pro have been seemingly bombproof for me.
The rounded edges of the mako pro seem to be freindlier than the sharp edge of the mako surf.

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) a photo and we will see what we can do for you.

That is nuts. I have heard of de-laming a Mako but never snapping one.

JZ

Joined 2007-08-18

PM

Will send you a picture as soon as I get one sorted, probably later today.

Was riding my venomII 13 jumping high and far. Missjudged my altitude a little so the landing became a little rough, not to bad since I still tried to land it.

Hit the water and just feelt my foot go through the board. The top sheet is still pretty much in one piece, but the bottomsheet snapped right of as did the core.

Not sure if I get the technical part right in english, hope I’m doing okay though.

And thanks for the fast reply and getting involved. Great help!
cheers
//Joel

Joined 2007-08-18

PM

Pictures are sent, looking forward to see your reaction.
Already checked with the swedish and danish dealer what they have in stock wink

Cheers!
//Joel