just got my new 12m one and have a couple of bar questions. prob silly newbie questions, but feeling a little dumb!!
1. The manuel talks about cutting the melted part off the stopper to disconnect the lower stopper and a plasitc connection rod. am i missing somethig here cause i cant figure that one out?? (is this not on the 2007 bar??)
2. My bar did not come with a retirival line for after you let go the bar. is it worth adding oue??
3. I havnt connected the lines as yet, but i cant see how the front line leach can possiby be long enough to go from my harness to the front line attachment point. is it necessary to add a front line extension to this to make it work?
apart from that, looks great, if not quite a lot larger that my last 12m kite!? interesting. cant wait to get out. maybe the weather here in the UK will co-operate….
Get in contact with me, use MSN during worktime if that helps.
Where abouts in the UK are you?
Im on the south coast, if your nearby, I can take you through it all and help you set it up.
RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!
1.) not on the 07 bar which allows the rider to choose to ride with stopper or not. I prefer using the stopper unless I am flying in the high-end with gusty conditions.
2.) “retirival line” not sure what you mean with this. You mean the oh sh*t handle? You can order this seperately if you like/wish to add one.
3.) The kite is normally leashed onto the centerline under the cleath. For school purposes and for total beginners there is an possibility to use the single frontline leash connection. However this setup wont unspin after loops/rotations. If you wish to use this option you need an extra little line that you connect between the elastic leash and the connection point
Have fun you bought ONE of the best kites out there!
sweet thank guys. cant wait
a solution to the leash problem… scrap the silly little thing that comes with your kite, and do what i did and get a big padded F-one handlepass leash, which reaches to the rope across the back of your harness and doesnt clutter up the spreader bar area. oh, and dont leash to the front lines, clip it onto the trim. (on my 06 bar i’ve put that knot in the end around a metal ring so it clips onto that).
Tech Rep, Southern UK.
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
Here’s my take on the situation…
1) Old bar manual - so much to do, so little time. Sorry. The new 2007 bar does not have the foolish connection cable between the stoppers anymore.
2) I am thinking you are referring to the lower stopper to help you retreve the bar if you let it go, this was the essence of the connector cable from last year and everyone agrees it is a dumb idea. If you let go of your bar your kite will fall from the sky anyway, so swim the 2m (max) to your bar and all’s good!
3) Nope, leash off the trim line like Wouter says. We left the option for a front line leash if you wish but that is really only for schools, etc.
3b) Speaking of leashes. We have coming soon a proper handle pass leash, so forget about F1. Also, the new trim lines with the D ring attached for leashing off of are available for replacing your 2006 versions. Buy one and I will include the new stopper ball set up as well which gets away from the thumb screw set up and is cleaner.
3c) For all you brand new 2007 One owners out there we will be releasing a new version of the stopper ball with no thumb screw. Get in touch with your local shop and ask them to get you a free stopper ball to replace the one you got with your kite…we gots you covered!
Are the conversions kits available if so how much, is it a big job to change.
Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time. Bring on the wind.
The conversion kits are dead simple actually! They will include a new trim line and stopper ball. Simply replace the old trim line with the new one and at the same time install the new stopper ball.
These kits should be available with our April 1st shipment of kites, so 2 months from now. I am working to get the new stopper balls here sooner (the only delay) but have yet to get confirmation on this.
In the mean time, check out the new SLE bar page!